Dental extractions or tooth pulling is most often necessary due to tooth decay, periodontal disease or dental trauma.
Tooth extractions are generally straight forward and usually performed while the patient is awake. A local anesthetic is administered for your comfort. Dr. Macks will first try to save the tooth if possible. If not, then with gentle care Dr. Macks will make sure you are absolutely comfortable and begin the five-15 minute process.
Reasons for Tooth Extraction:
- Some teeth block other teeth from coming in.
- Baby teeth sometimes don't fall out in time for permanent teeth to come in.
- When getting braces, some teeth may need to be extracted to create room.
- Patients receiving cancer treatment may need to have teeth extracted.
- Patients getting organ transplants may need teeth extracted.
For the past 30 years, Dr. Macks has performed dental extractions and our goal is to get you back on course with the least amount of down-time possible.